Monday 12 September 2011

Brief

The brief I have chosen is a promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, together with a website homepage for the band and a digipak for the album's release.

I have chosen this brief because I enjoy music very much. I go to at least 3 concerts a month and regularly meet celebrities at signings and other events. I found this brief more appealing than the rest because music is a huge part of my life, this is because I find that I'm at the age where I am interested in things other people my age are not particularly interested in. I find that being able to look up to celebrities who are close to my age is really nice and makes me feel positive that someone out there is writing songs about how I feel or have felt. Artists I look up to include; Jessie J, Pixie Lott, The Wanted, Jedward and the JLS boys etc.

The skills I want to develop include learning a wider knowledge of the video software we use, known as Final Cut Express and also to learn more about the media industry when it comes to looking at how music artists are portrayed and why.

My aims when doing this project include;
- Completing a music promo video, website homepage and album digipak for my band at a professional standard.
- Learn how to use Final Cut Express professionally to achieve the look of the music video I originally wanted.
- Try to express creativity and passion in my music video and don't let lack of skills prevent me from creating the look I intend.

I think doing this brief will allow me to develop from AS because in AS I produced a website and found it very successful. I wish to develop more knowledge of different skills, so I think doing video will help me to do this. Also, one of the tasks is to create the homepage of the band's website which I feel I can do successfully without hesitation.

However, challenges of this task will be the post-production of the video task. I have little knowledge of Final Cut Express but I am a very willing learner and am very excited to get started with the tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment